Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Live the sweat life

L was putting on her spectacular bohemian earring in gym locker room after the kickboxing class.
"Wow. Why didn't you wear it to the class?". I walked by her.
"No way." She laughed as if the idea had never occurred to her.
"I used to be a girl with all sets of makeup and accessories." She said. Her face was still quite flushed due to the exercise.
"I knew what you mean." I smiled. Every girl has her basic daily make-up ritual. It could be complicated or simple, secret or well known, effective or useless. No matter what, we still follow the routine rigorously and keep a keen curiosity for more magic tips if there are any.
"Once I wore the mascara to the class and I ended up having panda's eyes although it was claimed to be waterproof." I said. Some other girls laughed and joined this conversation.
The final conclusion was not surprising. We all became makeup minimalists for exercising. It was not because we believed in "natural beauty" again. It was simply because we gained much more pleasure from exercising than just standing before the mirror and asking "who is the fairest of them all."
Both will make me feel or look good. But I prefer a stronger body and a stronger mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment