Friday, February 24, 2012

Think London

Walking through different project recruiting posters, I felt I was more like an intruder instead of an insider.

I slowly walked towards the exit and was stopped by a tall guy with a soft British accent.
"Have you ever considered working at London?" He said cheerfully.
There was a giant poster behind him showing a map of the office location and its nearby attractions. I studied the map with some interest as if I hoped I could immediately spot some convincing evidence from the map that I would fly out to London the next day.

"The office has a nice view of *** and very close to *** station." The guy was also trying to help.
"Why didn't he mention tea party?" I thought amusingly. It could be a good point, at least for me.
'Restaurants in old library where you could have a wonderful dinner.' One notation said so.

Oh, I have seen that scene many many times in my bed time reading books. Lonely londoners always went about his or her own separate business in the library at the lunch time. The visits were usually not for any literary purposes. The reasons could be a free, cozy place to sit; a short break from office nearby; an opportunity to collect free leaflets and discount coupons; a good place to dispose of unwanted personal belongings, or just an alternative place to British museum.

I walked away from the poster thinking of the lonely life in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment