Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thing One

Thing One is a doll with happy freckled face and angry red hair. He came to me on a summer morning within a cereal box. And I decided to carry him along at the first sight.

He stayed at the corner of my backpack.  I had to pull away lots of junk to get him out. "How are you doing, thing one?" I said. He replied with his heartless smile. His smile can remind me lots of things. For example, I need to brush my teeth harder or the younger days when I had faith in understanding the universe using my own theory, not from books or schools or whatever. 

I don't remember when he stopped giving me accompany just like I can't recall where he got his cool name from. Maybe I lost him during the moves. Or he started a new adventure himself. In any case, he will be doing ok since he is as strong as his smile.  I will wave hands at him if I see him or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment